Friday, April 20

Someone



Lovers, boyfriends, girlfriends, crushes, 'special' friends, husbands, wives, fiancés. Whatever the labels are, these people hold a certain place in your heart. A higher place above the rest. Some might be true love, puppy love or even a small crush. And these feelings would either grow into something bigger, lessen or worst; be gone forever.

So yesterday, I tweeted "Happy 1 year anniversary, Fakhri baby!! xx" Now this was a joke, I don't even know a Fakhri. Even if I do have a boyfriend, I won't publish my 'undying love' to him publicly. It just seems wrong for me to do so.

For me, to not tell other people about your relationship, makes it more beautiful, like it's something private and it makes it more special when only the two of you know how special it is. And involving other people is like allowing them to be in the relationship that is just meant for two souls.

Though I do share some of my thoughts on the boy who I used to like with my ever-ready-to-gossip friends but I don't really share my relationships with them like my previous one with someone from somewhere. It's like weird, y'know. I like my privacy but at the same time, I do ask my friend to share theirs. Slightly selfish, I know. The funny thing is I'm becoming the go-to girl for relationship advice when I, myself is single.

But I don't really despise people showing the world how they love their partner but just keep the public display of affection in a really, really small amount. It's slightly disturbing to watch how people are being all lovey dovey in the public eyes. Unless you are married or a non-Muslim, then it's okay.

Till then.